2.02.2009

The Path Forward


Now that my experience at the "world's biggest bank failure" is complete, I sit home pondering my next move, although with much optimism. I'm recently married and turned 32 over the weekend, (if the year isn't a milestone it is in my case). The confluence of all these events has given me a little more cognizance for the future. Or at least a sense of its importance...

It's a tough economy sure; many of my friends were laid off...not only those at WaMu. Everyone has been affected in some way, shape, or form. We're all cutting back in our lives; the "culture of excess in America" is over- or at least I hope it to be. Of course I have to get a job at some point, but given my experience to date, I feel that I can be a little more patient this go round, at least now, to try and mold the career I want to step into.

Something along the lines of:

Finance - I have extensive experience in this to date, and seek to leverage on it.

Strategy - have recent events not enforced the importance of a sound one?

Service / Giving Back - because business can't all be about profits; rather I feel it serves a greater purpose.


So while you all may get in touch with me and think my days are all about Far Cry 2 on the PS3, Fox Soccer Channel, or the Gym...that's only partially the case. I plan on keeping you updated.

PS: Thanks to Adam S. B., Esq for the idea.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your advice is wise my friend and worthy of long ponderance. Although I've never played far cry2 I'm sure I'd rather be playing that right now than sitting in the last remaining life raft of the ill-fated SS WAMU (i.e. sitting in a bank branch getting yelled at by a manager because I'm not opening up enough credit cards for 18 y.o. customers). REALLY? you want me to convince MORE people to spend on a credit line they'll most likely be irresponsible with!!??
sweet. but thank you shaggs for sounds advice none-the-less.
your pal, T
(whereabouts unknown)