7.16.2008

WHO IS THIS GUY? mikel arteta


"It's still my ambition to play for Spain."

Now hopefully this guy will get the 2010 call up for his country (because the '08 Euro final was pretty poor)...he's likely the best footballer you've never heard of. Mikel Arteta currently plays for Everton in the EPL... I caught glimpse of him after I saw his '06 goal versus Bolton and it still gives me chills...and is one of the best I've ever seen if you view it as a highlight, not some grainy-YouTube-video-set-to-music Production. Unfortunately, that's all I have at the moment. See the goal here: (it's the first goal in) The way he transfers the ball between feet before shooting is ridiculous. and left footed at that.


UPDATE: alright here it is...and I went DEEP into YouTube to find it. FFwd to 2:30. The announcer's words say it all..."one to watch again and again"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JXYEoaGAmC4&feature=related

No comments: